Left Lane Network, Inc., the publisher of Tripdots, takes your privacy seriously and we are committed to your privacy.
We pledge to:
If you have any questions, please contact us at privacy @ tripdots.com
We receive and store information, including personal information, about you and your use of our service. This information is gathered in a number of ways, including when you enter it on our Application and/or website and from interactions with our service. Personal information is information that can be used to uniquely identify or contact you. Non-personal information is information that does not permit direct association with you. We may collect, use, transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. You can choose not to provide personal information we may request of you, but, in general, most of the personal information we request is required in order to provide our Services and the lack of such personal information will prevent us from doing so.
- Be transparent about the different types of data we collect and how we use them.
- Use data security tools to keep your data safe and protect your account from unauthorized access.
Personal information that you provide
The Services collects:
When you register with the Services, We may ask you to provide certain contact and personal details, such as mobile device number, e-mail address and shipping address so that we may ship additional accessory products and services that you order directly from us. Bear in mind that false, incorrect, or out dated information may impair LLN’s ability to provide you with the Services and to contact you when necessary. If you do not enter the requisite data in these fields, you may not be able to register with the Services.
Further information may be collected when LLN exchanges communications with you, for example, if you submit a request, contact LLN ‘s support team, or report a violation to the abuse team.
When you interact with Us, we may ask you to supply Us with personal information so that we can provide, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts. For similar reasons, We may supplement the personal information you provide with publicly available information about you as well as information from other sources, as permitted by law. We use this personal information, for example, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. We also use your e-mail address to send you newsletters, as well as messages about new Tripdots features, Tripdots and LLN partner special offers, promotional announcements, consumer surveys and other correspondence concerning our Services.
Some Services are based on users’ own content submissions such as messages and pictures. The content that you submit may not be private or confidential and you should not have any expectation of privacy with respect to it. You must exercise caution and common sense when submitting information that may personally identify you or others. At the very least you should demonstrate the same degree of caution as when publishing personal information by means of the Internet and cellular services.
You have the control over the content that you wish to submit to the Services. However the content that you upload may be available to other users of the Services and to LLN. Some of the content that you share, for example in a forum feed or blog post on the Website, may be viewed by all Internet users.
- User information during setup and registration
- Location information if the user opts-in to this feature
Location based information that we collect
When you use your mobile device with a copy of the Application installed, LLN collects your location information. LLN uses that information to provide you and other users with the Services.
LLN may also use your location information to create aggregated anonymous data and to use such data in accordance with this policy. LLN will make commercially reasonable efforts to permanently remove or obscure your identity from your location information that is used for aggregated purposes.
Opting out of location information services by uninstalling the Application
At all times you may uninstall the Application by using the programs removal feature of your operating system. Following the uninstallation process, LLN will not be able to collect any further location based information from you, or provide you with location based information about sites, shops, other places, other users and attractions in your close vicinity. Optionally, you may have a TripConnect device that you installed in your vehicle. If you uninstall this device, LLN will not be able to collect any further location based information from you.
What do we do with your personally identifiable information?
LLN may use your personally identifiable information for the following purposes only:
- to provide the Services and to enable you to use the Services.
- to operate the Services and to improve and customize your experience with the Services, as well as the experience of other users;
- to provide you with support and handle request and complaints;
- to send you updates, notices, announcements, and additional information related to the Services;
- to conduct surveys and questionnaires;
- to enforce the Terms of Service;
- to contact you when LLN believes it to be necessary;
- to comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under any applicable law, when LLN has a good faith belief that LLN’s cooperation with the law enforcement agencies is legally mandated or meets the applicable legal standards;
- to prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and other illegal activities and misuse of the Services;
- to handle breakdowns and malfunctions;
- to take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and the Services, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Service;
- For purposes provided under this policy and the Terms of Service.
Sharing information with others
LLN does not sell, rent or lease your personally identifiable information to third parties for any of their marketing purposes. We will not disclose your location information, without your consent, except when it is necessary to facilitate the functionality of the Services, to provide you with the Services, to prevent imminent harm, or when LLN is required under the law to disclose the information.
LLN will not share your personally identifiable information with others, without your consent, except for the following purposes and to the extent necessary in LLN ‘s good-faith discretion:
We use other companies, agents or contractors to perform services on our behalf. For example, we have partnered with other companies, to provide infrastructure and IT services, personalize and optimize our web pages, process credit card transactions, provide customer service, collect debts, analyze and enhance data, including users’ interaction with our website, and process consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these other companies may have access to your information. We do not authorize these companies to use or disclose your personal information except for the purpose of providing the services we request of them.
- If LLN reasonably believes that you have breached the Terms of Service, or abused your rights to use the Services, or performed any act or omission that LLN reasonably believes to be violating any applicable law, rules, or regulations. LLN may share your information in these cases, with law enforcement agencies and other competent authorities and with any third party as may be required to handle any result of your wrongdoing;
- If LLN is required, or reasonably believes that it is required by law to share or disclose your information;
- In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and LLN, or between you and other users with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
- In any case where LLN reasonably believes that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent physical damage or damage to property;
- If LLN organizes the operation of the Services within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity, or if LLN is acquired by, or merged into or with another entity, or if LLN enters bankruptcy, provided however, that those entities agree to be bound by the provisions of this policy, with respective changes taken into consideration;
- LLN may also share personally identifiable information with companies or organizations connected, or affiliated with LLN, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies, and other partners, with the express provision that their use of such information must comply with this policy.
How do we use personal information?
LLN may use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information to properly operate the Services, to improve the quality of the Services, to enhance your experience, to create new services and features, including customized services, to change or cancel existing content or service, and for further internal, commercial and statistical purposes.
LLN may also use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information collected on the Services with our partners.
We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for participation, will require information be shared with third parties. For example, we may partner with companies that offer incentives, such as bonus points, monetary offers or discounts, if you sign up or otherwise utilize our service. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. By participating in such joint promotions or programs, you consent to our sharing of your information. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third party businesses.
Links to Other Sites
The LLN website may contain links to sites operated by third parties whose policies regarding the handling of information may differ from ours. While we endeavor to associate with reputable websites, LLN cannot be responsible for the information handling practices of these other websites. These linked websites have separate and independent privacy statements, notices and Terms of Service, which we recommend you read carefully. In addition, you may encounter third party applications that interact with the LLN service. To learn more about these, see our Terms of Service.
You must be 18 years of age or older to use the LLN service. In certain jurisdictions, the age of majority may be older than 18, in which case, you must satisfy that age in order to create an account.
Cookies and Other Technologies
As you interact with our service, We and our service providers may place cookies on your system or device. Cookies are small pieces of data that are sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your system or device for record keeping purposes. In general, cookies can make the Internet more useful by storing information about your preferences on a particular system or device.
In addition to cookies, we and our service providers use a variety of other technologies, including pixel tags (web beacons), clear gifs, or other technologies built into our Application or your LLN ready device, to gather information on how users interact with our service. These cookies and other technologies can help personalize the Services for you and help associate your interactions with our Services to other information within your account. They can show us, for example, popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information that can be used to improve, operate and monitor our website and other aspects of our Services.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. If your browser is set to not accept any cookies, you may not be able to use the LLN Services or website.
Ads Displayed on Third Party Sites
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
LLN takes information security very seriously and uses reasonable administrative, technical, physical and managerial measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access.
Unfortunately, no security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, We cannot guarantee the security of your information and cannot assume liability for improper access to it. By using our Services, including our website, Applications and user interfaces, or providing information to us through any means, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the LLN Services.
In order to provide you with ease of access to your account and to help administer the LLN Services, LLN implements technology that enables us to recognize you as the account holder and provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype any password or other user identification when you revisit the LLN service. You can choose not to take advantage of this feature on your computer by unchecking the box “Keep me logged in” when you login on the website or the Application.
LLN may from time to time change the terms of this policy. Changes will take effect 7 days after their initial posting on the Website, unless LLN amends this policy to comply with legal requirements. In such cases the amendments will become effective immediately upon their initial posting, or as required.
You agree to be bound by any of the changes made in the terms of this policy. Continuing to use the Services will indicate your acceptance of the amended terms. If you do not agree with any of the amended terms, you must avoid any further use of the Services.
Left Lane Network, Inc., 228 Hamilton Ave, 3rd Floor, Palo Alto, CA 94301, U.S.A. Attention: General Counsel.
Updated on May 4, 2012